Monday, May 19, 2008

Amigos

Friends make up the world. There is an entire spectrum of how people perceive friendship. There are people for whom the entire world is their friend. Many a times, I have wondered how they were able to gain her/his friendship. I think it is just the magnanimous of my friend to stand people of all characters. On the other end, I know people who do not have many friends. I am not sure is it because they are not seeking people or just that they have not found the right ones.

Whatever it is, friends do influence one's thoughts and character. Though family plays a big part in shaping up a personality, many a times it is the friends who fine tune and surface up the talents in a person. All my life, I have been seeking friends and have been fortunate enough to find some wonderful ones. And I do agree that they have broadened my thoughts and the way to look at life.

The reason I enjoy Seinfeld and FRIENDS more than Everybody loves Raymond and others is they are centered among friends, where they talk about themselves and pull others legs - in short, live a life.

Time and space do influence a friendship and either harnesses it further or makes it grow apart. But we do value the few hours we are able to spend with them in couple of months or even years. That's the only time when we are able to cherish the past in the present.

Before you wonder why I am writing such a poignant post on a Monday, I have to tell you that I spent yesterday afternoon with some of my close friends, whom I discovered recently and the evening with my very long lasting friends. That’s not the end to it. The coming weekend, I am going to catch up with my long lasting friends again and it’s gonna be like our college days. Few days back and I believe for the next week, I am going to be living my present remembering my past and future.

As Elizabeth Foley says
"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart."

Amen.

6 comments:

Archana Bahuguna said...

:-) :-)

Pirate Princess said...

That IS a lovely quote! I wan't big on Seinfeld - I found them all annoying. Friends was a fun show that held my attention. Different strokes.... :D

--xh-- said...

havnt seen seinfeld or frndz, but what u said is true...
frndz r the biggest asset one can gain in life...
hapy to know that u r having rocking time with your friends... take care and keep rocking and reliving the beautiful moments of friendship...

Jaya said...

Arc :) :)

Texasblu: Have you seen the series" Different Strokes". I used to love that too. :)

XH: Thanks buddy. Hope you are not floating on bubbly :)

Monika said...

agreed friendship is certainly the most beautiful relation and i love friends

aMus said...

i live on friendship...and i love 'FRIENDS' tooo :)

To evolve or not...