Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I like you, I like you not

XH tagged me on 10 things I do not like about opposite sex. He tagged me couple of weeks back but it took me this long to jot down few points. Can you imagine that? Few years back, I would have given a long list of things I dislike in guys but now growing wiser and more patient, I do not think any of these characteristic are freaky. I have understood that Men are from Mars and Women from Venus and God knows what we are doing in Earth. Whatever said and done, even if we share lots of common philosophy and ideals, we still look life through different glasses. I doubt if I could cover 10 things about what I dislike in guys. I would be happy if I can cover 5. So guys, who are reading this, please do not bloat under the assumption that I think you are great and perfect, just that I have come to terms with reality, which are mentioned in the above lines.

1. Not picking up the call: It does not matter whether a guy is loaded with cell phone, black berry, pager and other electronic gadgets, there are very few individuals I know who actually pick up a call the instant they receive it. I have no clue what these gadgets add value too other than being girl's equivalent of jewelry to guys.

2. Converse: I understand that sharing and conversing depends on individual's personality. But I have realized whenever I would like to converse regarding something that seem important to me, the other person is always quiet and would not like to talk, maybe because it is not of so much importance to him. Hence the only conversation going on is between me and my conscience, which keep advising me to grow up. In reality, the whole episode is forgotten but the lessons learnt keep bugging me.

3. Assuming things to be done by gals: I dislike if a guy thinks that cooking, cleaning and other stuff are to be done by girls alone. I do enjoy these but do not like to be taken for granted. My feminist self is especially flared up when they give their opinion on changing name after marriage or quitting job after kids.

Other than that, I just reiterate the fact that I think man and woman are two different species but with some efforts and understanding can bring the Heaven to earth.

I’ll tag Arc, Ziah, Prats and Thinking Aloud as I think they can do some more justice to this tag.

10 comments:

aMus said...

hey..j...i'm gonna have some fun here!!! now all you have to do is wait till te 3 boyz in my house irritate me (which they do everyday) to get this post ;)

only 3? i so agree with pts 2...and... 3
and your last line was lovely...tho they may call it hell :-P

Solitaire said...

You stopped at 3???????

I had to do a tag of ten things I like about men and I had a very hard time!!

You can check that out at
http://mm-mm-mm-good.blogspot.com.

But meanwhile, I urge you to check out Hum Tum V on my first page at Psychobabble.
http://gujjuben.blogspot.com

I think you will enjoy it a lot!

--xh-- said...

a very matured take on the subject :-D agree with you on three pts - whn i call some one and tehy dont pick up or call bk, i do gets irritated.. conversation is an art - both speaking and listening... and somehow, not many have masterd it, including me.
I do not subscribe to the views that some jobs are girls jobs and somen are guy jobs....

Sairekha said...

Oh Joy! You sure have made peace with H!!:) Only 3 things to whine??:) Though I must say I completely agree...:)

Jaya said...

TA: Yeah, even I was terrified that I came up with only 3 :(

Solitaire: What to do? Looks like I am forgetting somethings. Hence stopped in 3. I checked both your posts. Real cool :)

XH: :)

Ziah: I think only H is in peace :) I think I have lost my mind that I have only 3 things to whine....

ceedy said...

hahaha

you are a simple person

I left you a comment on my blog...am up near Newark/Jersey city....

Madhumita said...

Point number 3 ... definitely agree. I enjoyed your post "mirror mirror'. Didn't know you blogged here actually. :)

aMus said...

done...done..dunna...done....

the tag...coem and have a look

Jaya said...

Ceedy: I think I am more in terms with reality, nothing else.

Madhu: Finally, you found my main blog :) Happy to hear that.

TA: Read it and loved it.

Prats said...

I'm still to come up with a list to put down ....if yuo've come up with 3 wonder if my list will even reach there? :(
But try I will surely....

To evolve or not...