Thursday, August 2, 2007

Can it get any worse...

We are nearing our drop-dead date. If you are in software industry , you know exactly what I mean - yes tomorrow is friday and we have a release, work is not completely done but hoping to finish. You must be wondering if I am out of my mind. How much can you accomplish in a day? Well, believe me, miracles do happen. And I am so sure it would strike again tomorrow. Yes, our release day will get postponed :)

I was just analysing what all is left in my part to do. We are trying to migrate to a new version and also enhancing along the way. There is one particular section which I am missing out. I know I am supposed to migrate it but I do not find the code. I talk to my team lead. I do believe ghosts exist in software. How else can you explain the umpteen number of times something going wrong, you do all you can but no luck and mysteriously everything start working fine! Well, my teamlead says you are supposed to refer to our old code , go to "XXXX" project, checkout the head. Well, I did just that, I retort back but I do not see anything. Then I realise I had checked out a wrong version of the code. Sweet. One day to go and I am working on a wrong version. But didn't I tell you I believe in miracles. Waiting for it to happen...

No comments:

To evolve or not...